Wednesday 23 January 2008

The Only Way Is Up!

Since it's been ages since I last posted, thought I would update you all on what I have been doing. Not that you have been waiting with bated breath I'm sure. Anyway since I've started my English GCSE course back in September I have now decided to go to University.
So this year to prepare for it, I am going to do an Access course and the four subjects that interest me are Creative writing, Sociology, Law and Psycology. Need to do Maths GCSE also which I'm dreading as I'm crap at it. Once I've done that then I can hopefully pick and choose which Uni to go to.
This image I have of me in a cap and gown keeps coming to mind, so really I just have to go for it and follow my dream.
Everyone at the local adult education centre has been so helpful and friendly I cant go wrong.
Last week I had to do an Oral presentation, speaking for five minutes about anything that interests you. I chose ADHD, a subject that brings up so many different opinions. The fact that I was shaking like a leaf didn't matter as it's what and how you say things that counts. Communication is the key, still I'm glad I did it and its now out of the way.

Strange how things turn out, this time last year I really was stuck in a rut, now I'm looking at my future with positivity. It's made me stronger and determined, wish I'd done it years ago. Will continue to post, my homework has taken priority but I wont forget my little blog. Big Hi to all who read and occasionally post here, hope the new year has bought you good health and happiness.

See you later................

4 comments:

Amy said...

Kudos to you! I've read that public speaking is in the top 10 of things people are most afraid of. Five minutes is beyond awesome - good for you!!!

Hayley said...

Thanks. Have to say I enjoyed the round of applause from the other students. I want more!

Not a Granny said...

This is so wonderful! I have been contemplating going back to school, but I keep chickening out!! Kind of afraid of being in classes with all the "kids"!

Hayley said...

Dont comtemplate Trish do it. Remember you have an advantage over the kids. Life experience..makes a huge difference. Good luck and thanks for the support.