Wednesday 29 August 2007

My Little Charmer!


The house is quiet and I only have Ollie my pet pooch for company. With Alex on holiday in Dorset with his Grandparents I am left to my own devices. I could do anything...go out...get pissed....go out...not get pissed....stay in..get pissed..stay in and stay sober. I've decided to stay in and have ONE glass of wine. Seems to much of a committment anyway and the sofa's really comfortable.

The silence in the house is starting to bother me, when Alex is home its bedlam and then I'm begging for peace. Now I've got it I dont know what to do with it.
In a few days he'll be back telling me how great his holiday was then I can tell him what a mess his room was in. Yes I've decided to clean which is silly really as I could be having some 'me' time.

While I was sifting through the 'stuff' that had been jammed under his bed I came across an old postcard of Amsterdam that I'd sent to him the previous year.
A five day break grown ups only. I'd been having a ball until I phoned home.
Hearing his little voice asking why HE couldnt come broke my heart. So I promised a nice present on my return to make up for it.

For the rest of that day the image of his beautiful face kept coming into my head bringing forth guilt. I felt like a right selfish cow as I blubbed on my brother's shoulder.

When the holiday was over and I'd arrived back at Heathrow, I couldn't wait to see him. Reassure him and all that. To my surprise he'd bought me a pot plant which made me blub (again).
He was pleased with the present I'd searched Amsterdam for and it seemed everything was okay. Till he pushed the boundaries a few hours after arriving home.
I started to wag the finger and launch into my Miss Discipliarian act when he stood up with hands on hips, "You cant tell me off", he says.
"Why?" I said.
Shaking his head in disbelief he sighs, "Cos I bought you a pot plant thats why".
He attempted to use this gift as defence for weeks after, knowing full well I'd buckle. And I did.

2 comments:

AZZITIZZ said...

Hi there, glad you liked my blog.
Don't you just lurve the horrendous guilt trips our little darlings can put us through?
Mind you, Hubbies can be as bad. If, (on the very, very, rare occasion) I get a night out with my Sister, my mobile rings every five minutes with him and little'un passing the phone between them and asking when I'm coming home, BOTH using the exact same cutie little 'we miss you' voice!!!!
Tried turning off my mobile but he knows my Sister's mobile number!!!
Arrrrrgh!!!! I blub a lot too but for different reasons.

Hayley said...

Hi and thanks for dropping by. My little charmer has just rang to remind me that I owe him a fiver pocket money!