Sunday 14 October 2007

Mum and Dad's 65th Birthday in London.




Haven't been to London in ages, living in Hampshire and adopting the country bumpkin way of life you tend to forget the noise and excitement of a busy city. We caught the train to Waterloo which only took an hour, unfortunately it seemed everyone else had the same idea. The train was packed and although I managed to grab a seat I had the misfortune of having to smell an old guy's sweaty armpit for most of the journey.
Being me, I began to chat enthusiastically about deodorants and how wonderful they were, hoping this guy would get the message and stop sharing his sweat so freely.

As soon as we met up with Mum,Dad and Mark we headed for Covent Garden, by this time I'm starving cos I missed breakfast. Once we'd eaten it was nice to catch up on gossip etc and just chill out for a bit over coffee. PJ'S Bar and Grill is highly reccomended!

Mum and Dad were pleased with the presents we gave them and as it was their special day they chose where we would go. Clubbing and touring the strip clubs of Soho were definetly out so we had a wander round Covent Garden then along the Embankment.
I'd decided to wear my new boots and typically didn't break them in beforehand so I'm hobbling along behind everyone trying not to whinge!

We were going to go on the London Eye but the queue was miles too long instead we took in the sights and acted like typical tourists taking pictures of everything.
Mum and Dad were pleased that we were all there and didn't stop smiling all day.
Got home about nine tired but happy.

No comments: