Monday 1 October 2007

Cherry on the cake of my day!

I've been a huge fan of Manu Chau for years, his first CD Radio Remba Sound System is one of my favourites. So after five years of waiting for his latest CD to come out I was very keen to hear it.

Called La Radiolina my first impression wasn't good. So many of the tracks are short you just get into it before it cuts off and moves on to the next one. My favourite songs are track 12 La Vida Tombola, track 20 Sone Otro Mundo and track 21 Amalacuda Vida. This CD lacks the excitement that I expect of Manu and I'm gutted.

To add insult to injury I've just discovered he's FINALLY on tour in England at the Brixton Academy from tommorow till 5th October. Would have made a brilliant birthday present if I'd known.
Last time he toured in England was about 5 years back at Shepherds Bush Empire and I bloody missed that too.

I'm now chewing nails and feel utterly pissed off, talk about turning up after the partys over.
Since he hardly tours England I'll probably have to wait years to see him.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Maria said...

Manu Chau? Music in Spanish? Manu's an Indian name, Chau is Chinese....where does Spanish come into it? I've been away from home too long, I guess I'd better look him up......