Saturday 8 December 2007

Spreading the Christmas Cheer!


I've just come back from yet another shopping trip, yes more presents to hide at Gary's place. Alex is staying with his grandparents this weekend so I have a chance to wrap up the gifts without being discovered.
My home town of Winchester is looking very festive, for the past two years we've had a temporary ice rink in the cathedral grounds. It's brilliant and has proved very popular with the locals as you can see.
On Christmas Day I plan to visit the Cathedral to hear the choir sing, I'm not religious but listening to their voices singing so beautifully reminds me of what Christmas is all about. It truly warms the heart and makes the day more special.

All of us do have the occasional gripe about how expensive Christmas is, but it's all worth it when you see the look on the children's faces. I know Alex will be made up when he unwraps the huge TV I got for him. It's occasions like this that you never forget and the memories last forever.

Visiting other people's blogs especially round this festive period is great, Sugar Queen's Dream has made triangular shaped Santa biscuits which look amazing. She can cook for me anytime. A little bit of effort goes a long way. Peace and harmony to her!
I would like to wish all fellow bloggers a peaceful and very Happy Christmas, especially to Sugar Queen, Dulwich Mum, Amy, Not a Granny,Shelli and everyone else on my favorite blogs list. All of you are great and although we may never meet it's great that you have shared parts of your life in this virtual world.

Hugs to you all!
xxx

Blimey aren't I getting all sentimental....better have another glass of wine!

6 comments:

Amy said...

I've got you in my feed reader, I have for a while now. I'll try to stop by and comment more because I love your writing especially the way you talk about Alex, it's so sweet.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Not a Granny said...

Merry Christmas to you!

You better take a picture of Alex's face when he opens his gift!! We all want to see!

Hayley said...

I will do, even if it means getting up at 4am. OOhh the things us parents do....Bless!

Camie said...

Wow, its sounds absolutly beautiful there. Would love for things to look like that in Florida. Will never happen thought!!lol

Hayley said...

I would love the Florida sunshine, send some over here it's freezing!!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog!

Hoping you have a happy holicay season too!