Saturday 30 June 2007

A Social Alien!

This ban on smoking in public places from July 1st is a good thing. I'm saying that and I smoke. Back in the day of youth i started this habit because all my friends did so i followed peer pressure. Now i must follow it again to quit. Its damn hard to, i've tried those patches back in February, but after two months began smoking again using some silly excuse. The disapointment on my sons face when he saw me smoking really did hit home. Now i am on my last pack and at the time of writing this have no plans to buy more.
I want and must set my son a good example, i do NOT want him to start smoking so i must practice what i preach.
With that said i must mention the dirty looks i get when i have lit up in cafes and parks. If looks could kill i wouldnt have to quit would i?
Anyone reading this i would be grateful for support i know im gonna need it.

1 comment:

Tribee said...

Well if the thought of your son's dissapointed face and the world 'turning on you' isn't enough then just think of going outside a public place into the good old british weather if you fancy lighting up...that's enough to put anyone off!

Good luck :)

tribee.blogspot.com