Friday 2 November 2007

Where's the bloody car?

I think today was an off day for me. Being a multi tasking expert I can only guess I had a temporary brain storm. This little hiccup has happened before, usually when I've done the weekly food shop at the local supermarket. Laden down with bags my mind is on so many other issues such as 'Will the car make it home on fumes?'. Or 'Will 6 cakes be enough?
As soon as I leave the shop it happens. WHERE DID I PARK THE BLOODY CAR?

The car park is huge, I head off in the direction I THINK the car is, then have a wander round with my trolley pretending I know. It's a nightmare, I curse the fact that my son Alex isn't with me to tell me, then I get panicky and paranoid. Other people start to notice this strange woman mumbling to herself as she's wandering aimlessly about and probably suspect she's about to commit a crime.

After a while I convince myself that someone has nicked the car, then I question the fact. Who would steal it? It's not a Ferrari or an Aston Martin, it's a Ford Fiesta known to me as the Stratchmobile or trusty rust bucket.

I can remember laughing when my Grandparents used to do the same thing. How can you lose your car, isn't it big enough to see?
Now I understand how they felt, I did find my car eventually, and can't remember parking it in that particular place. Shoving my shopping on the back seat I returned the trolley back to the trolley park instead of leaving it abandoned like I've done in the past. Why did I do that, I question myself....guilt. My paranoia has made me feel guilty and I've already caused a scene. Best behave return the trolley and get the hell out of there. So I did!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it's not just me! I lose my car everywhere - ideally I'd like to be able to call my car (Minty) and for it to go "cooee, over here love!"

Hayley said...

Thank God I'm not the only one!

Maria said...

Oosing my phone is my particular talent. I have to call up my mobile from the landline 20 times a day to find it....

Miss Awesome said...

Haha, lost cars are one of my only reasons for having a boyfriend- someone to go places with me and remember where I parked.