Sunday 2 September 2007

Where Memories Are Made!




I thought it was about time I had some nice portraits done of my and my son. So off I wander to the local photographic studio to check out prices etc. Well as soon as I walked in I wanted to walk back out again. Bloody expensive or what. Yeah all the photo's were fantastic but there was no way I could afford £400 for just the one picture in a nice frame. There were cheaper ones of course but the one I really wanted was still out of my price range.

So I opted for taking my own, well that meant getting Gary my brother to take some nice shots in a decent setting.
This morning having dragged Alex out of bed we dolled ourselves up and took several changes of clothes(to change in the car) and hit the local beauty spots.
Alex didn't want any of his mates to see him posing with me so it had to be done with bribery.
An icecream and £5 later we managed to take a few decent shots. I plan to have a few turned into a puzzles, a calendar and framed so they'll make great presents for Nan and Grandad for Christmas. All done at the local Boots chemist!
It was a lot cheaper and we had a right laugh doing it. Okay Gary's no professional photographer but who cares? We were pleased with the results.

2 comments:

dulwichmum said...

What a lovely boy Alex is! It looks as though it was well worth the trouble you took.

DM

Hayley said...

We had a good laugh doing it, am planning another'photo session' again soon. Kate Moss watch out!